When and how we collect and handle your personal data
When you visit our site
- Visitor statistics
- Anonymous visitor data is collected so that we can get a better picture of how our visitors interact with our web page.
When you request instant updates
- If you request to get instant updates of our service status messages that we publish on cnstatus.com you can opt in to our mailing list and the different categories of status messages you would like to receive. Your email address is stored on our servers and updates from the chosen categories will be sent to you as we publish them.
Why we collect your data
City Network Hosting AB collects and uses personal data for the following purposes:
To personalize user experience
- We use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
To improve our Site
- We use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
To send service status messages
- To send Users information they agreed to receive.
For advertising purposes
- By visiting this site third parties will place cookies on your browser for targeted advertising purposes. Our cookie declaration details which cookies we use and what they store.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site. Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal data to others. We share generic aggregated demographic information, not linked to any personal data, regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.We use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We will share your information with these third parties for the limited purposes outlined above.
Sub processors and countries your data will be sent to
City Network Hosting AB uses certain subprocessors and subcontractors to provide you with our services and information connected to our services and company. A subprocessor is a third party data processor engaged by us that provides our service with various functions. We make sure that there are proper agreements in place to keep your personal data safe. City Network is a global company and your personal data may be transferred across international borders. When we send your data to countries with different levels of data protection laws we make sure it is transferred with an adequate level of protection.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
City Network Hosting AB
Borgmästaregatan 18 SE-37134
This document was last updated on May 22, 2018